More pages in this section
A word from Brett Johnson, Managing Partner
“We believe that our strengths lie with our employees and the firm rewards hard work and commitment with praise and benefits. There is a true team spirit amongst all employees and this is further enhanced by an active social club which is strongly supported by all partners and associates of the firm. In turn we expect our employees to show commitment and a willingness to contribute to the overall effectiveness, efficiency and continued success of the firm. The partners and management welcome any suggestions for improvements and value all comments in this regard.”
Human Resource Philosophies and Policies
The human resource management goals of the firm are:
- To provide a more satisfying, motivating work environment for all staff.
- To attract and retain quality applicants.
- To recognise the need for solicitors to have dedicated support.
- Being able to address “work / family” balance.
- To create a common mindset amongst all staff.
- To develop a greater degree of ownership amongst the staff and a preparedness to give discretionary effort.
- To develop a feeling that everyone’s contribution is recognised and valued by the organisation.
- To enable staff to contribute to the greater business effectiveness and improved productivity of the firm.
- To enable support staff to play an important role in the management of the client experience with the firm.
The partners at Wallace & Wallace Lawyers strongly support, both in spirit and financially, the social club and encourage all members of the firm to participate in social activities outside of work. The partners fund four major events each year.
Past events have included:
- Boat & Island cruise
- Race Day
- Annual dinner
- Beach BBQ
- After work drinks at different venues across town
- Games night
The social club also organises raffles within the firm offering prizes such as vouchers, cinema tickets, scratchies and cash along with hampers at Easter and Christmas.
NRL & AFL footy tipping competitions run annually.
Each year the firm enjoys a special Melbourne Cup day luncheon with prizes for best dressed, lucky door and sweeps.
Annual Dinner 2019 – Daydream Island