Raised in the Mackay region, I joined Wallace & Wallace Lawyers as an article clerk in 1994 following my graduation from James Cook University. Admitted as a solicitor in 1996, I worked my way up through the firm to Associate, becoming a Partner in 2016.
With over 27 years as a solicitor practising in commercial and property law, I have a broad range of experience enabling me to provide my clients with proactive legal advice on a range of commercial issues they face in the day-to-day operation of their businesses.
I act for a number of well-known, long established and leading businesses within the Mackay region and have done so for many years. I have a particular interest in rural transactions and in many instances am acting for the second or third generation of the same family. My expertise includes:-
- rural sales, purchases and leases
- subdivision and transfer of water allocations and other water entitlements
- business sales and acquisitions
- commercial and retail leasing
- negotiating and preparing contracts covering a wide and varied range of transactions
- personal estate planning
- business succession planning
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family and giving back to the community in my role on various school boards and P&F Associations.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
Memberships & Associations
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Mackay District Law Association
- Member of the North Queensland Law Association
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland – admitted 1996
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia – admitted 1996
What our clients have to say
Heidi & Pamela
"Sara Sugars and the Wallace & Wallace team members have all been extremely professional, courteous and prompt with attending to our matters. We have never received such one on one elite service. We were so impressed with Sara and ... Read More
Ian & Denise
“Sara was excellent, no beating around the bush, no mucking around – great!!! Recommend her to anyone!!!”
“Wallace & Wallace very professional and wonderful people. Glad we have Sara and Angela (Looby) as our lawyers. A cheerful mob.”
Heidi & Pamela
"Sara Sugars and the Wallace & Wallace team members have all been extremely professional, courteous and prompt with attending to our matters. We have never received such one on one elite service. We were so impressed with Sara and her team that we will be transferring all our legal matters to Wallace & Wallace in the future. Such a personable professional approach that is hugely appreciated."