More pages in this section
Mining Services Lawyers Mackay
At Wallace & Wallace Lawyers, we understand that whether our clients are operating in, or providing services to, the mining and resources sector, our clients have a common need, namely, for practical and commercial legal advice delivered on a time and cost effective basis.
The mining services law team at Wallace & Wallace Lawyers provide a broad range of legal advice and representation to both:
- multinational corporations directly involved in the extraction of resources;
- large and small corporations supplying their products and contracting their services to those multinational miners;
- renewable energy developers in wind, solar and battery renewable energy sources; and
- land owners looking at implementing renewable energy sources, such as solar, wind farms and battery storage.
Experience & Expertise
For more than 23 years we have provided advice to public and private corporations and joint ventures in relation to all stages of the coal mining project life cycle in the Bowen Basin. Our Solicitors have advised and assisted coal mining companies with sales and acquisitions, exploration issues, land tenure and mining tenure, the provision of electricity and water, and, advised in relation to road, rail, port and other infrastructure of strategic importance to the coal industry. Specific transactions we have advised on and assisted with include:
- negotiating and documenting conduct and compensation agreements to facilitate exploration activities;
- negotiating outright acquisitions of resource rich rural lands directly with individual and corporate rural landowners;
- negotiating complex compensation agreements pursuant to the Mineral Resources Act and the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act;
- negotiating and documenting compensation agreements with the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads and various local authorities in relation to the state’s major and minor road networks;
- obtaining mining leases with surface area rights;
- negotiating, documenting and registering easements for electricity transmission line purposes over freehold, leasehold and unallocated state land and liaising with appropriate electricity authorities;
- negotiating, documenting and registering easements for water pipeline purposes over freehold, leasehold and unallocated state land and liaising with appropriate water authorities;
- temporarily and/or permanently closing, opening and relocating roads;
- negotiating and documenting various agreements in relation to the state’s rail network;
- in depth and complex negotiations in relation to mining company transactions/interactions; and
- advising on and negotiating substantial transactions in relation to mining accommodation.
Since the year 2000, Wallace & Wallace Lawyers has acted for some of the world’s leading coal and coal seam gas producers including:
- BHP Group Ltd (and its numerous associated corporate entities and joint ventures with Mitsubishi Corporation and its former associated entity Mitsui & Co. Ltd);
- Anglo Coal (formerly Shell Coal); and
- Rio Tinto.
Our deep local market knowledge and understanding gained from acting directly for world leaders in the mining and resources sector enables us to provide unique insight to our numerous other clients who supply products and provide services to the mining sector. We place great emphasis on providing practical and commercial advice and “win win” solutions so as to enable our clients to avoid costly and distracting disputes, and instead, maintain and enhance long term business relationships.